[sugar] Design Question

Martin Dengler martin
Fri Jul 18 17:15:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:58:02PM -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> Greg Smith wrote:
> | The new Home View in 8.2.0 will have three available styles.
>
> Really?  The home view top bar will show three buttons, for three
> different views?  This is news to me, though not bad news.

I accidentally discovered the fact that if one clicks on the
three-blocks/other-than-the-list icon in the Home/Favorites/old-ring
view, one gets to choose which layout one wants.  I found that after I
manually edited ~/.sugar/default/config to say:

[Shell]
favoriteslayout = ring-layout

...of course, by Sod's law.  Perhaps this is what Greg's referring to.

> - --Ben
> (bemasc)

Martin