[sugar] Bug Triage

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc
Fri Jul 18 16:40:12 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Its crunch time for 8.2.0!

We need triage the bug list down to must fix items and focus on those.

We're on for another bug triage on IRC (Freenode.net channel
#sugar-meeting) Monday 9AM US ET.

We will walk through the bug lists linked from here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Tickets

I think we start up after id 5459.

The goal is to sort the Trac priority field in to
- must fix (blocker)
- should fix (high)
- nice to have (less than high).

and to assign or otherwise update Trac as needed.

Priorities at this stage are:
1 - Stability, stability, stability!
No crashes, no freezes, no dead ends. No user input to the GUI should
bring the XO down.

2 - No regressions
Works as well or better than the last release

3 - Core functionality in place and works as user expects
This is fuzzier without a manual but we may have a common understanding.
e.g. if you can't insert an image in to Write reliably that would be
missing core functionality. Nail the first two priorities and we can
debate this one as needed.

Anyone is welcome but we need to move fast. Keep design discussion to a
minimum, focus on how it affects users, swag-level scoping, doc/no doc,
and who should work on it.

Have a great weekend see you online Monday.

Thanks,

Greg S