[sugar] session became not accessible

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Fri Jul 18 14:19:47 EDT 2008

Joyride 2177; G1G1; Q2E11.  Don't know what exactly I did, besides
erasing entry of a currently running Terminal session from Journal.

The problem was -- eventually I could not make my XO show me that
session.  If I did alt-tab between sessions, *that* session was
never displayed - alt-tab merely switched between Journal and the
other session (also Terminal) that was running.  And if I brought up
Frame, it showed three sessions "current" - Journal plus two
Terminals.  If I clicked in Frame on the Journal session icon, the
XO showed me the Journal session.  If I clicked in Frame on the
first Terminal session icon, the XO showed me the Terminal session
whose entry was still in the Journal.  If I clicked in Frame on the
second Terminal session icon, the XO showed me the Journal session.
  Doing 'ps -A' showed the application (started from Terminal)
within the "unreachable" session still running (and accumulating CPU
time).

mikus  (I rebooted, so I do not need help with this situation)

p.s.  I suspect that I got into this situation through the XO being
WAY TOO SLOW in displaying a session on the screen.  What I saw
(after doing alt-tab from Journal, and then alt-tab again - because
nothing seemed to be happening) was the "header" (top bar, with
unique name in it) belonging to the session with the application but
the "body" (rest of screen) NOT correct - seemingly still left over
from the session without the application.  I clicked on 'stop'
(probably in both the session and in Journal) because I did not want
to see the without-application-output screen.  But I'm guessing what
somehow got "removed" was the session *identified* by the top bar,
leaving me able to access only the session without the application.