[sugar] Write needs your help (was Re: Programming environments on the XO)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Jul 17 15:10:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>
>> The abi devs have also asked for help in testing Write with non-latin
>> scripts, this is something of high importance for OLPC.
>
> I can do that. OK, Cyrillic works. I just entered every key on the
> layout, upper and lower case. I'll get you lots more writing systems
> later today. I am _not_ going to test every Chinese character %-[.

Which version are you testing? I would say that downloading an Abiword
binary 2.6.4 from abisource.com may be best, as that's the version
that I hope we'll use in Write for 8.2.0. I hope we'll be able to
update joyride with 2.6.4 soon so the Write there will be definitely
the software we'll be shiping.

Thanks,

Tomeu