[sugar] Activity versioning schema

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Mon Jul 14 22:29:31 EDT 2008

> Two use cases:
> 1. I have a journal object. I want to choose which activity to open it with.
> I am presented with a multilevel menu: the top level has all activities
> which open the mime type, the next level has all major versions of those
> activities, the next level minor versions, etc. If click without bothering
> to move over to the sublevels, I get the default version from the sublevel
> of my current menu, which is the starred version (if it exists) or the
> highest version (applied recursively down the sublevels).

I'm sorry, but my mind boggles at the thought of a four-year old
clicking on a Journal entry and being presented with a palette of
seventeen different versions of 'TamTam' -- so that he may choose
which of those versions is appropriate for whatever upgrade the
adults had made to that XO last week.

mikus