[sugar] Joyride shutdown flaky

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Mon Jul 14 09:10:40 EDT 2008

>> Running recent Joyride on my G1G1.  When I request a shutdown, it
>> sometimes proceeds "hands off".  But sometimes, after the Sugar
>> shell has closed - nothing further seems to happen.  On those
>> occasions, sometimes the ending-picture (with the "don't do this"
>> icons) is presented if I press alt-ctl-F2 (the Sugar shell was on
>> alt-ctl-F3).  If I can get to the ending picture, the shutdown
>> completes by itself after what seems like a LONG time.  But if I
>> don't get to the ending picture, I'm left to complete the shutdown
>> process by holding down the power button for more than four seconds.
>
> Hi, this is http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7350 , AFAICS.

I believe I've seen this problem while PolicyKit-0.8-2.fc9.i386 was
installed on my system.

I'm o.k. if #7350 fixes this problem.

But the initial #7350 description talks about "can't shutdown .. if
multiple sessions".  I normally don't use the text console, and I
clicked on 'Shutdown' in the Home view -- so I think I've had this
problem even when I did not have "multiple sessions".

[Also, the initial #7350 description does not talk about seeing the
ending picture on ctl-alt-F2 instead of on ctl-alt-F3.]

mikus