[sugar] gears and greasemonkey to take wikipedia offline

David Van Assche dvanassche
Thu Jul 10 16:32:29 EDT 2008

Hi there,
   There is an interesting article on google's code site about using Google
Gears and Greasemonkey to take wikipedia and make it work offline... This
sounds really interesting and might be something useful for OLPC.
Considering the code is already there, how about testing this out, once we
have Gears in browse. It would require putting greasemonkey in too, but
considering we've done all the heavylifting for gears, plugging greasemonkey
in should be relatively easy. It was also mentioned that a workaround to
getting popups working browse would be to use greasemonkey to open them in a
frame of the browser... tabs might be a better long term solution, but in
the short term, perhaps that could help too...

Here's the article:
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=81101&topic=11982

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche

P.S. I like how folks are refering to this kind of stuff as web 3.0...