[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Mon Jul 7 19:37:26 EDT 2008

Briefly: just check trac for bugs assigned to the Browse component.
Many of these would not be an issue if we were just following
upstream, for example: SSL/security UI, URL autocompletion, tabs,
various websites with popups, etc.

We will clearly need to customize the browser to *some* degree, the
real quesiton is, "how much" (I'm suggesting "as little as possible")
and "using what mechanism" (I'm suggesting, "using Firefox extensions"
rather than our current "embed a HTML widget and write a browser
around it").  If we want to push collaborative browsing upstream, for
example, we're much more likely to get it done if it's packaged as a
Firefox extension.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )