[sugar] Injecting Code into main Sugar GUI routine

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Mon Jul 7 06:03:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Zach Riggle <zachriggle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would prefer not to modify the code to Sugar directly.  I was thinking of
> an approach that would allow me to launch sugar-jhbuild /inside/ of a
> running Python script.  This way, I can use the GUI hooks that I already
> have (and don't have to worry about breaking the code).  However, Sugar
> seems a bit fork-happy.  From where is main.py called?

Ok, then see bin/sugar-emulator and src/emulator.py, that ultimately
calls src/main.py. Perhaps we should move the call to gtk.main()
outside main.py, so people like you can initialize the shell, do
something else, and then call themselves the main loop.

Hope you have enough pointers for now, if you need to change some of
the sugar code to better accomodate your use case, feel free to
propose those changes or if they are simple enough, just post a patch.

Regards,

Tomeu