[sugar] Python interpreter accessible from Sugar ui, accessible when wanted

Eduardo H Silva hoboprimate
Fri Jan 25 08:32:09 EST 2008

Today, while learning python (with the excellent book Bit of Python), I
wondered:
What if sugar had a python interpreter and code window which could be
toggled on/off, and would stay on top like in the future with bulletin
boards, giving a constant access to python power.
Say, in the ruler activity a kid could take measurements, and at the same
time be assigning them to variables on the side (or on the top), and be
computing areas and perimeters.
But that's why we have pippy, I hear you say. If pippy took a more 'learn
python' or tutor role, then those kids who learned it through it, could
seamlessly make use of it everywhere within sugar.

Maybe this is nuts, and 'code talks, and s..t walks', so I'm throwing the
idea for now.

Eduardo