[sugar] Can't run applications on Sugar

Chris Ball cjb
Sat Jan 5 13:50:29 EST 2008

Hi,

   > I *think* you can update to it by just issuing the following
   > command, without requiring a developer key:

   > # olpc-update ship.2-653

This is not true, and you'll get an unbootable build if you do this.

The "ship.2-" builds are never signed, which means they'll never run
on a laptop that does not have a developer key installed.

The "official" builds, which have no prefix, are signed and safe
for olpc-update.  These overlap numbering with the ship.2 builds
for now.  So, the correct command to issue when you don't have a
developer key is:

   # olpc-update 653

- Chris.
--