[sugar] Hello Journal World!

Edward Cherlin echerlin
Thu Feb 28 21:51:14 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>    > Cannot get remote repository information.
>    > Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?
>
>  Using http:// instead of https:// will get past that.

Nope.

mokurai at lc2000:~/dev$ which curl
/usr/bin/curl

mokurai at lc2000:~/dev$ git-clone https://dev.laptop.org/~marco/edit-activity
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mokurai/dev/edit-activity/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

mokurai at lc2000:~/dev/edit-activity/.git$ git-update-server-info
fatal: Not a git repository

mokurai at lc2000:~/dev$ git-clone http://dev.laptop.org/~marco/edit-activity
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mokurai/dev/edit-activity/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

But it can't be run there, because it doesn't exist yet. If I create
it and try to run the update command, I get a fatal error, because I
didn't create it as a git repository.

Whoever tries to give us the solution next, please run it yourself and
give us the output. Don't say to yourself, "Of course it will work
this time."

Two hundred years ago, give or take a couple of centuries, there lived
an honest bombmaker named Ivan. One day he said, "This time, my little
cabbage, the bomb will go off, or my name ain't Boris Morris Begorry
Horrorsky Ugh-Ugh O'Toole."

"You said that last time, and it was a dud."

"Well, my little cabbage, it so happens my name _ain't_ Boris Morris
Begorry Horrorsky Ugh-Ugh O'Toole."

--Walt Kelly, Pogo

>  - Chris.
>  --