[sugar] python activities startup

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Feb 7 15:15:51 EST 2008

Hi Jukka,

On Feb 6, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Klaus Weidner wrote:
> Would it be feasible/helpful to use the "uncore" approach used by
> Emacs?
> - launch Python interpreter, load and initialize modules
> - force the interpreter to dump core
> - convert the core file to an executable file that has all the modules
>  loaded and initialized already
> - activities use this preloaded executable instead of the plain python
>  interpreter

per this thread:
<http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-February/004252.html>

we're looking into startup-time optimizations for Python on OLPC XO
laptops. We had discussed this in the past at some length, and I
recall you mentioning you had folks working on something similar. Did
your effort get anywhere? Any notes to share?

Thanks!

Cheers,

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org