[sugar] What's left for Update.1

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Mon Feb 4 12:01:01 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 11:50 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/2/4 Kim Quirk <kim at laptop.org>:
> > I think this is way too much stuff for Update.1. We are in code freeze. We
> > have items 1 and 2 scheduled to go into RC2; I would suggest that we ONLY
> > pick up Spanish, where we really fell short in the current build; I don't
> > agree with holding up this build for either 4 or 5, as this feels like new,
> > untested code - perhaps there is no 'fix' even available at this time (I'd
> > need to see the arguments that this is blocking AND we have a fix); and I
> > agree that we need to look at 'Blocking' bugs that are still open to see if
> > we agree they are still blocking - or move them out.

Hear, hear.

> For translations, I would also probably push Mongolian in, along with
> Spanish. I am currently making those two sets of translations go

I really believe that we will need an update.1.1 for Mongolia, so I
(for one) would not be sad to see the Mongolian translations not make
it for update.1.  By the time we can solve the networking issues for
Mongolia, we should have translations well in hand as well.

Mongolia will likely not get updated again until there is another
opportunity to use the bulk multicast update technique again, so it
doesn't make too much sense to rush the Mongolian translations.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )