[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Request for help packaging activities for Sugar on a Stick

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Sat Dec 20 17:59:34 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi Caroline,
>
>   > But Sugar without activities is boring!!  We need you and your
>   > activities!  Please help us get activities quickly ported to Sugar
>   > on a Stick, we have a lot of people pounding on our doors to try
>   > it.
>
> I don't suggest waiting for activities to be packaged, and no porting
> should be required:  can't you just preinstall a bunch of .xo files?

Hello,

we are not going to block on it. The plan is to continue to package
activities and hopefully to do it faster. And at the same time to make
.xo work better on SoaS (also I need to figure out how to best install
.xo from the livecd kickstart, it's pretty painful). Then I'm looking
forward for a good discussion at FUDcon about .xo and normal
distribution packaging.

That said, unfortunately, the hardest problems are in the system
differences between Fedora and the OLPC images (sugar-evince, csound,
olpcgames problems, tamtam performance hacks, xulrunner patches etc).

Marco