[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs BugSquad MINUTES (Wednesday December 17 2008 - 16.00 (UTC))

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Dec 17 15:11:30 EST 2008

full details: http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Meetings/Minutes/2008-12-17

* Do we agree on the mission?
** http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Mission (got accepted)

* What is needed in trac to start triaging?
** add sucrose components
** add milestones
** base work flow on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trac_ticket_workflow
** distribution field (where was the bug found)

* Meetings: when/if
** schedule weekly triage meetings (especially to get people started, 
but things should be setup so that triaging happens async, because it 
needs to be a continuous)
** at #sugar-meeting

* Sprints: when/if
** after releases
** at #sugar-meeting

* Do we need a dedicated mailing list?
** No, we mostly have announcements and use tags for cases like: "I was 
triaging bug #567 but didn't know what to do?"
** sugar-devel - [bugsquad] and [bugsquad][announce]
** wiki note: "you can always triage at any time, and if you'd like to 
schedule your own sugar triage sprint, please do and announce it $here! 
if you're new and want help getting started but can't make a sprint, ask 
** irc questions at #sugar

* Create a list of concrete tasks we expect the BugSquad to do regularly
** solicit distributions for testing of new releases
** maintain the BugSquad wiki pages (especially with policies like "we 
use #sugar for discussion, tag your sugar-devel posts this way")
** add components, tags, milestones
** triage tickets
** provide feedback on how to improve bug advocacy on a ticket, when 
requested. ("How could I have written this bug report better / which 
developers should I ping on it"?)

* Triage Policy:
** Who is responsible for setting priorities and milestones?
*** the bug gets in
*** bug squad make the bug nice (a well-written bug report, a suggestion 
on the next step to push it to developers for fixing - who to talk to, 
etc.), assign to maintainer
*** maintainer assign a milestone
*** the dev does fix it
** What needs to be happen to mark a ticket as fixed?
*** not fully discussed the policy

* Action items:
** #ACTION: marcopg to look at the upstream/downstream interaction 
** #ACTION: mungwell to look at the upstream/downstream interaction 
ubuntu+GNOME (launchpad)
** #ACTION: erikos clean up wiki with today's info
** #ACTION: erikos work on trac with marcopg


More information about the Sugar-devel mailing list