[Sugar-devel] Open Voting Activity?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:07:08 EST 2008

Source code for the Open Voting Consortium demo conducted at Linux
World Expo in August is available in a git repository. See

http://www.fossfactory.org/project/p61

I would like to make this available for use in school elections within
Sugar. Is anybody interested in taking this on? The demo is in Python.
It needs Sugarizing, of course. I don't see a need for collaboration
during the voting process, unless perhaps for assisting the disabled.

Normally this software produces printed ballots (human- and
machine-readable, with security features in the bar code) for later
counting. I'm sure it could be modified to create PDFs instead.

There is also a LiveCD image of an earlier version of the system.
http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/blog/2008-apr-08/new_ovc_demo_disk_ready_to_show

I am a Founding Member of OVC.
And Children are my nation.