[Sugar-devel] New official repos

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:30:25 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 15:53, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> The official repositories for the following modules has moved on
> git.sugarlabs.org:
>
> sugar
> sugar-base
> sugar-toolkit
> sugar-datastore
> sugar-presense-service
> sugar-jhbuild
> read
> chat

[On list, sorry Marco for the dupe]

For read and chat, I've edited /git/chat-activity/description and
/git/projects/read-activity on crank to show "DEPRECATED - see
git.sugarlabs.org" in the gitweb description.

Is there anything else we can do to make it more obvious that the
repos have changed? Set the files to read only or something? Ask Henry
to change the permissions to people can't push? (Or something less
paranoid...?)

We should also announce that:
* sugar-jhbuild itself has moved, and the old repo is up to date with
the new locations as of now but won't necessarily be updated in future
* Anyone who could commit/push to the old sugar-* repos is welcome to
ask for commit rights on the new repos - we can't add them until they
register on git.sugarlabs.org. In the mean time, it's trivial to clone
a personal repo in the git.sugarlabs.org web interface and push to
that and request a merge.

We should also use Simon's [ANNOUNCE] tag for the mail, and send it to
more lists, and repeat it several times - for example, there are still
people who haven't noticed the sugar list change... :)

Regards
Morgan

P.S. We should also hunt down all the sugar-jhbuild references on
wiki.laptop.org and change them too...