[Sugar-devel] Add Fedora logo

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Dec 6 13:13:36 EST 2008

On 06.12.2008, at 17:49, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> Add Fedora logo to Sugar
>
> This is, I think, a misunderstanding.

Yes it is. I set reply-to to OLPC-devel, this does not concern Suagr.

>  Kim says "Sugar is supposed to
> include a fedora logo (they will provide), on the home screen and in
> the
> boot up text."  If you look at the "Visibility Guidelines" document
> included in the bug, it contains two images, one of which shows the
> Fedora
> logo next to the bootup text, and one of which shows the Fedora logo
> next
> to the XO man in the ring.  I suspect Kim's statement is based on
> these
> two images.
>
> I think Kim interpreted this to be the bootup screen and the home
> screen,
> but from my reading of the text, both images are meant to refer to the
> pre-X bootup sequence.  One is text-mode boot, and the other is pretty
> boot. This is consistent with what I've understood from
> conversations with
> Greg and others: Fedora's branding will appear only during the boot
> sequence, which is not part of Glucose at all.
>
> In other words: don't worry about it.  This has nothing to do with
> you.
>
> I could be wrong, of course, in which case I think we should simply
> let
> distributions patch as they please.  It seems awfully silly for the
> Debian
> packages to be Fedora-branded.

You are not wrong. The agreement linked to in the bug report clearly
states that the Fedora branding is to be shown *during the boot
process". Not after.

I have added this to the bug report, but please someone more
priviledged change the bug description:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8767

- Bert -