[sugar] PlayGo v2 and v3

Simon Schampijer simon
Fri Aug 29 03:17:01 EDT 2008

Hi Andr?s,

thanks for your work!

Ambrois wrote:
>   I have put up the xo bundle for PlayGo version 3. I didn't announce v2 cause
> it was still lacking some features (like scoring at game end), which it now
> has.
>
>   You can find it here: http://dev.laptop.org/~aa/PlayGo/PlayGo-3.xo
>
>   Here are the Release Notes:
>
>   v2
>      New Features:
>         - Cleaner code
>         - Save and resume games from Journal
>         - Added a toolbar with options to set board size & restart the game.
>         - Better collaboration (turn enforcement, notifications)
>         - Pass and Undo in hotseat (not shared) mode.
>         - Full Spanish translation
>   v3
>       New features:
>         - Integration with GnuGo (play against AI)
>         - Game end after two consecutive passes
>         - Scoring under Japanese rules
>
>   One thing that is lacking is a proper Icon (current one doesn't correctly
> change color), hopefully a generous soul will give us a new kick-ass icon for
> PlayGo! =P

Yeah, maybe eben can have a quick look.

>   I would really appreciate testing on the XO because I don't have one.

Some breakfast notes:
- when i resume a 9x9 game the tokens are squares no circles resuming
the other games seem to work fine
- the reset game button maybe eben has an idea here (memorize uses one
that is game specific, maybe we could have a general one)
- is the 'You need to install gnugo...' a conditional message that
changes or goes away when gnugo is installed?

For the missing xo, maybe you want to apply for one at
http://projectdb.olpc.at/

Regards,
    Simon