[sugar] commanding the movement of things on the screen

Gary C Martin gary
Thu Aug 21 16:37:56 EDT 2008

On 21 Aug 2008, at 20:22, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> I use an external USB trackball, and do most of my work in Terminal.
> On numerous occasions, when I have moved the cursor to a scrollbar
> location above the slider, and have left-button clicked ONCE (to
> scroll up one screen's worth) -- the XO has spontaneously scrolled
> up many many screen's worth.
>
> The best explanation I can come up with is that instead of
> "interpreting" a _single_ button-click command, the XO behaved as
> though a whole _series_ of such commands had been presented.
> [I have no reason to believe that the trackball is at fault.]

Yes, I've seen something like this also, specifically while trying to
scroll one page in the Log activity (XO B4 trackpad, joyride 2301,
Q2E13), perhaps 4 or 5 times now. I'd assumed I might have been trying
to scroll at the same moment that 10's of pages of log entries may
have suddenly arrived, but I'm beginning to doubt that.

--Gary