[sugar] 0.84 goals

Simon Schampijer simon
Wed Aug 20 05:04:18 EDT 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started working on the goals for 0.84 in the wiki:
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84#Goals
>
> Here is what I have so far.
>
> * Next generation journal
> * File sharing
> * Collaboration scalability
> * Responsive UI
> * Stable activities API
> * Official Sugar LiveCD
> * Compatibility with desktop applications
> * Quality and reliability
>
> Each of them points to a separate page in the wiki. I'll be working on
> several of these pages in the next weeks, writing down requirements,
> designs and thoughts about resourcing. Help wanted!
>
> As you can see the scope is very large. The plan is to narrow down each
> item to more concrete action items and then probably punt some of the
> high level goals. But I really want to get a bunch of stuff done this
> cycle!!!
>
> I know it's very vague for now. But if something is obvious missing
> please let me know or edit directly.
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

Some points that came to my mind:
- use of gconf for the control panel

- what is about performance work - is this covered by 'Quality and
reliability' ?

- for the 'Next generation journal' I would like to see the possibility
to have start-with in the palette of the entry (use-case: to open the
source page you created in browse in write you need to use the detail
view at the moment #7860). Eben had some ideas on what he want already.

Thanks,
    Simon