[sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2263!

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Tue Aug 19 11:34:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Eduardo Heleno <hoboprimate at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/9 Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
>> [snip]
>

>> This isn't really a bug but rather a general observation so I'm not quite
>> sure where to put it...
>>
>> When you're in the software-update panel of the control-panel then there
>> are "cancel" and "ok" buttons in the upper right corner. However the "ok"
>> button seems redundant as they both do exactly the same thing: close the
>> panel and take you back to the main configuration screen. At least that's
>> the case when the software is up-to-date. IIRC you also need to press a
>> button inside the panel for updating when there's new software available
>> which would again make the ok-button redundant.
>
> I spotted this as well. Some other wording is necessary in here, perhaps an
> "Accept" and "Cancel" buttons appear when changes are made, otherwise a
> simple "Close" button appears.

Actually, the intent is to make the Accept button insensitive until
changes are made, so that the options are "leave without making
changes" (regardless of whether or not I changed anything), and "leave
and accept changes made" (only available when there are changes).
There is a patch for this, but it hasn't yet been accepted.
(http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7643)

- Eben