[sugar] 0.84 goals

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Thu Aug 14 17:08:04 EDT 2008

Hello,

I started working on the goals for 0.84 in the wiki:

http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84#Goals

Here is what I have so far.

* Next generation journal
* File sharing
* Collaboration scalability
* Responsive UI
* Stable activities API
* Official Sugar LiveCD
* Compatibility with desktop applications
* Quality and reliability

Each of them points to a separate page in the wiki. I'll be working on
several of these pages in the next weeks, writing down requirements,
designs and thoughts about resourcing. Help wanted!

As you can see the scope is very large. The plan is to narrow down each
item to more concrete action items and then probably punt some of the
high level goals. But I really want to get a bunch of stuff done this
cycle!!!

I know it's very vague for now. But if something is obvious missing
please let me know or edit directly.

Thanks,
Marco