[sugar] New wireless/mesh icon info testers needed (#2866, #6995)

Martin Dengler martin
Mon Aug 11 18:24:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for joyride testers with 10 or so minutes willing to pull
down a git clone and temporarily use it for their Sugar session to
test these behaviors:

http://dev.laptop.org/~mdengler/2866/2866_screenshot_10.png
http://dev.laptop.org/~mdengler/2866/2866_screenshot_12.png

I'd be very interested in any feedback.  If you care to read some
recent design discussions, I'd glance at this:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995#comment:27

In order to test, you will need to have a recent joyride (anything in
the last few weeks should be fine) and to follow the instructions at
http://dev.laptop.org/~mdengler/2866/test2866.txt :

cd /home/olpc
git-clone git://dev.laptop.org/users/mdengler/sugar xo-sugar-2866
cd /usr/share/sugar/shell
for dir in hardware model view ; do sudo mv $dir ${dir}.orig ; sudo ln -s /home/olpc/xo-sugar-2866/src/${dir} ; done

To uninstall, just:

cd /usr/share/sugar/shell
for dir in hardware model view ; do sudo rm ${dir} ; sudo mv ${dir}.orig $dir ; done

Many thanks to garycmartin for being a courageous alpha tester
already.  Gary, if you want to test these updates, rewind[1] your git
clone and re-pull.

Thanks,
Martin

PS - this is the bug I'm trying to address:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2866 , and this is bug that this is a big
part of: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995

1.

cd /home/olpc/xo-sugar-2866   # or wherever you put it
git-reset --hard HEAD~10      # 10 back should be enough ;)
git-pull