[sugar] Another sugar rant

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Wed Aug 6 11:35:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Ton van Overbeek <tvoverbeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eben Eliason wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:08 AM, Neil Graham <lerc at screamingduck.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Wednesday 06 August 2008 7:08:33 am Alex Levenson wrote:
>>> Searching for X2o using the wiki search doesn't find it.  It's Called
>>> X2o!
>>> it's url is http://wiki.laptop.org/go/X2o for heaven's sake!  Somebody
>>> either
>>> fix the search or just change the search box to go to google.
>>>

>> Are you sure?  When I search for 'X2o' (case insensitive) I am taken
>> directly to the page you identified, bypassing any search results page
>> altogether.
>>

> I have to agree with Neil. Entering X2o in the Wiki search box on the left
> hand side of wiki.laptop.org
> leads to no matches whatsoever.
> Searching laptop.org via Google gives the correct page as first hit.

Sorry, my fault.  I failed to realize that the enter key was bound to
the "Go" button instead of the "Search" button.  You're right, I get
no results either.  It's truly strange that it doesn't recognize the
page title direct match.  In fact, I can even click on the 'X2o' in
the text where it says "You searched for X2o" and get linked to the
correct page!

It sounds like a wiki bug, to me...has anyone filed one yet?  If not,
I guess it should be done.

- Eben