[sugar] video bleeds through somewhat between sessions

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Wed Aug 6 01:54:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
>> There is probably a bug in the mplayer wrapper (are you using an
>> mplayer 'activity' wrapper?) in that it's not getting rid of the
>> overlay setup when it loses focus or is minimized.
>
> This is not a bug, at least in the case of losing focus.

The mplayer activity - as it's running on Sugar,  should know that
there are not overlapping windows here. I am not sure what event the
vm is sending when the app loses "foreground" but a sugar app should
stop the overlay, move it off-viewable screen, etc.

> it is unnecessary in our
> single-window UI.

Exactly, it is pointlless work. The activity can perhaps stop playing,
and resume when the user returns, with the appropriate time offset,
hiding from the user that it stopped playing the video.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions