[sugar] Fwd: [Localization] Arabic Open Bugs in 8.2.0

Walter Bender walter.bender
Mon Aug 4 20:52:43 EDT 2008

Thought the RTL issues would relevant to the Sugar list...

-walter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Localization] Arabic Open Bugs in 8.2.0
To: greg at laptop.org
Cc: localization at lists.laptop.org

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 07:47:31AM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We need to pick the right release to use in Arabic speaking countries
> starting in September. There may be a delay, but we should be ready to
> name the best release at any given time.
>
> Focusing on 8.2.0 I had an exchange with Khaled. I want to identify the
> most important open issues for Arabic (and RTL as applicable).

To make it short, here is a list of the issues that I think are a must
for an Arabic (and RTL in general) friendly build:

#3108 The intro screen need to be RTL (there is a patch)
#6562 Mirroring of arrow icons ((there is a patch)
#6800 Journal window RTL (a new complementary patch needs to be applied
since the already applied patch wasn't complete)
#7800 Untranslated time strings in Journal and activity list (there is a
patch, but some issues remain unfixed)

So, generally the it is almost done, these patches need to be reviewed
and committed.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team