[sugar] patch for a first boot launch of a Help activity

Bobby Powers bobbypowers
Fri Aug 1 14:32:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:29 PM, FFM <ffm at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:20:44PM -0400, Kimberley Quirk wrote:
>> I don't think we want it to auto launch, but perhaps it should be the first
>> icon on the left.
>>
>> Thoughts on that?
>
> I havn't used joyride in a while, but IIRC (around build 2100) they scrapped
> the "bar" of activities in favour of a more "scattered on home" approach.

gosh I sure *hope* that we switch the default back to the ring before
the release of 8.2.  There was a thread for developers to vote on
their favorite, and I believe the unanimous vote was for ring over
freeform.
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-July/007191.html

Greg or Eben, any word on this?

yours,