[sugar] Sugar\Windows won't ship

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Mon Apr 28 11:22:59 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
>  Note that this work (should be) the same, no matter what window manager
>  we end up using.  Window managers have been pretty interchangeable
>  throughout X's history. That's what the ICCCM/EWMH's documents are all
>  about.  If there is something missing we need, we can/should/will work
>  with the freedesktop mailing list to catch the oversights.

As far as I know the current Sugar implementation should run decently
under any ICCCM/EWMH compliant window manager, with just a couple of
modifications.

The main shell glitch I know about is the way we implement the frame
panels (we couldn't do it the right because of matchbox limitations),
but that should be really easy to fix, matter of using the right hint.

And then there is obviously the fact that activities should be
fullscreen. One way to fix that would be just to use the fullscreen
hint for activities.

Marco