[sugar] where is Walter?

Walter Bender walter.bender
Mon Apr 21 18:22:04 EDT 2008

After more than two years without a break at One Laptop per Child, I
have decided to take some time to reflect on how I can best contribute
going forward to the goal of giving children around the world
opportunities for a quality learning experience. The OLPC Association
is making headway getting laptops into the hands of children and it is
encouraging to see that other non-profit and for-profit organizations
are following suit. My personal interest is in helping build a
community of developers, educators, and learners dedicated to
advancing the quality of free and open source software for learning
and the sharing of pedagogical approaches in this community by
adopting the spirit and methodology of the open-source movement.

While my goal is to create a complementary effort to broaden the reach
of the software and pedagogy--a free and open framework in support of
"learning learning", I hope to continue working with the great team at
OLPC as well as the various groups that have formed around the world
in support of one-laptop-per-child deployments.

Thank you for all of your support over the past two years and for all
the feedback and encouragement you have given me.

regards.

-walter