[sugar] Usability testing

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sun Apr 13 04:56:10 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Patrick Dubroy <pdubroy at gmail.com> wrote:
>  If there's one conclusion we can make here, it's that we could do a
>  better job in coordinating our usability efforts. In the next few
>  days, I'll try to set up a central place on the wiki that can use to
>  do this. Anyone else who is interested in this can feel free to do so,
>  of simply get in touch with me to let me know you're interested.

Thank you very much, the developers have no means to organize such
things, so the only way I see is the community stepping up and
organizing themselves.

I have heard discussions inside OLPC about the need of using usability
testing in order to gather a better understanding of how the UI
decisions work when a kid is finally put in front of Sugar. I think
we'll see at some point OLPC resources dedicated to this task, but I
don't think it's wise to wait for that to happen.

In my opinion, things would work better if an OLPC employee/contractor
is later integrated into an existing wider community effort for
usability improvement, rather than people waiting for things to happen
from OLPC.

Thanks again,

Tomeu