[sugar] [Localization] code comments?

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Sat Apr 5 18:57:31 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> Very interesting, I guess we should integrate it in the language
>  section of the control panel. AFAIK, this is not being considered yet.
>
>  If we don't want to add more complexity to the control panel UI, we
>  may assign under the hoods a fallback language to every language?

The best way to provide this support in the UI is to present the
available languages in a list (as opposed to, for instance, a popup),
which allows drag and drop reordering.  In this manner, the user may
simply sort their preferred list of languages to to the top, in any
order they wish.  For accessibility (and just to make it all around
easier for those that have trouble dragging), it would be wise to add
"up" and "down" buttons to each language entry, so that the reordering
can be accomplished with clicks instead.

Alternately, you could provide both "preferred language" and
"secondary language" popups, which is slightly less flexible, but I'm
unsure how many people would really want more than one level of
fallback, or two at the most.

- Eben