[sugar] Importing objects from journal

Henrique Ser henrique
Tue Sep 25 09:49:59 EDT 2007

Hello Tomeu, all,

Well, my next task for MaMaMedia's activities on the XO is precisely
integrating with the datastore, because we have supported puzzle images
from Paint or Camera in the past by getting them from the filesystem and
this will obviously not work anymore, not only because of the upcoming
security constraints but more simply because Paint and Camera no longer
store their files there.

So, what to do? Should we wait until there is better support, assuming
it will not take long, or do I start coding with what exists, much like
Write and Browse already do, and a simple upgrade path will be provided
once things change?

While we have the line open, should a puzzle based on an image grabbed
from the Journal be stored as a blob on the puzzle storage, or should we
link to it and follow whatever changes com to be?

Thanks,

- cn (that's rorrim on IRC)