[sugar] packaging activities for ubuntu

Jani Monoses jani
Wed Sep 19 08:13:36 EDT 2007

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 13:49 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
>> Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this looks amazing to me, but I wonder about the rate at which these
>>> packages will be updated to follow development.
>>>
>> I've updated the sugar core packages to yesterday's git contents.
>> Since last week I packaged Pippy, Paint and the Measure activities, with
>> Record and TurtleArt pending on the tracebacks I encountered being solved.
>>
>> Next thing is getting hulahop and the activities that depend on it
>> uploaded, currently blocked on xulrunner-1.9 landing in the gutsy
>> archives (now it is in the NEW queue), and integrating the telepathy
>> patches Simon mentioned.
>
> Awesome, once trial3 is out, that set of debs will be a big help for
> people willing to develop activities without installing the whole
> jhbuild.

hulahop and the newsreader and web activities are up in the archive,
making a total of 10 activities plus the mandatory journal activity at
this point.

While newsreader mostly works, the browser freezes. Since that is what I
got from jhbuild too I am not sure what is as fault there.

Regarding trial-3 vs trunk:

should I stop following trunk and keep the packages at trial3 level? I
realize most changes do not get in trial because code freeze is in
effect not because the break APIs. If the API exposed to activities does
not change I'd rather follow git head with sugar, datastore, presence
and journal. Thoughts?

Also I got camera-activity  from
http://mediamods.com/public-svn/camera-activity/Trial3
and it exhibits the python import failure. Should I go with another branch?

If any activity author wants her/his packaged, and it is in a stable
state let me know.

Jani