[sugar] linfo files should go

Albert Cahalan acahalan
Sun Sep 16 23:43:14 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> The freedesktop.org spec you cited relies on case sensitivity in the
> .desktop files. Therefore, insofar as we attempt to adapt ourselves to
> that spec, we should probably use the actual key names given at:
>
>   http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html

Well yeah, that would be good. I was just starting with the
annoyance of zillions of teeny little non-standard files.

Being 100% compatible seems reasonable. Sugar can
ignore the things that don't apply, and make use of extra
items that might be provided. This would ease the
maintenance burden on software developers who want
to target both Sugar and non-Sugar environments.

The easier the porting, the more it will happen.