[sugar] i18n & L10n anomalies

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Tue Oct 30 11:52:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 11:28 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> Xavier Alvarez wrote:
>
> As an activity developer, I am confused as to precisely what you want.  My
> latest .pot file is in git on dev.laptop.org.  Is that where you want it?

What we are noticing while trying to set up the Pootle server is that a
number of activities (your activity _may or may not_ be one of them)
have pretty out dated POT files (indicating that ./setup.py genpot has
not been run recently).
Our request is, if you have any strings in your code that are not there
in your POT file, please update your POT file so that the translators
may start with an uptodate set of strings.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to
automatically generate new POT files (ie, run xgettext) when a new
release for a module is made.
AFAIK, autotoolized applications run xgettext when ./autogen.sh is run.
I'm not sure, how to do this with setup.py. I was thinking of using GIT
hooks, but it might become a bit complicated. Asking the developers to
do a ./setup.py genpot whenever they add a string might also be asking
for too much. Thoughts, comments, anyone ?

Warm regards,
Sayamindu

--
????????? ???????? (Sayamindu Dasgupta)