[sugar] Saving state of Read

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sun Oct 14 09:48:50 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 07:51 +0200, Pascal Scheffers wrote:
> I've created a patch for https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2838 but that
> leaves me with three questions:
> 1. Page position: The patch only jumps to the top of the page, but
> depending on zoom level, the user probably left of somewhere in the
> middle of the page. I could not find the right properties to get/set
> in evince. Does evince have a way to precisely obtain and set the
> view port?

Looks to me as good enough for now. Perhaps Marco knows about how to do
it?

> 2. The search text is saved/restored, but search is not initiated.
> That could take a long time and might jump to another page than set
> in 1). This means no highlighting on the current page if the keyword
> exists. I could not find how to restrict the search to the current
> page only, is there a way to restrict it to current page only?

Perhaps we should perform the search first and then reposition?

> 3. The selected tab is not saved at all. This means that on resume,
> the 'read' tab with the nextpage/previous page is always active, even
> if the user was on the search or view tab. I am not sure if this
> should be added or not, or even could? Given that a lot of users will
> click on activity and then stop, and not use the keyboard shortcut.
> What shall I do with this?

It looks to me that saving the current toolbar would be a good thing to
do. I guess we could just save the index of the currently selected
toolbar and on resuming do self.toolbox.set_current_toolbar()?

We could also do it in the base Activity class, but I'm not really sure
we should. Eben?

The patch looks quite good, will comment there.

Thanks,

Tomeu