[sugar] How to handle application protocols

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Tue Oct 9 17:35:53 EDT 2007

> I can see that happening for python code. However, Write is part Python,
> part C++. The Python part depends on a specific version of the C++ part,
> so you can't just send over the python part and expect it to work.
>
> Now we don't track the non-python dependencies for an activity anywhere
> as far as I know, so I don't see this working in practice.

This is really just an extension of the bundle transfer idea, by which
anyone should be able to join an activity on the mesh they don't yet
have.  There is overhead involved, but bundles are self-contained
largely for reasons like this.  If the bundle has a newer version,
then it should be simple enough to transfer the entire bundle from A
to B.  Assuming the bundle contains the C++ component, what's the
complication?

- Eben