[sugar] New journal rpms

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sat Oct 6 13:17:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

we are considering to land in Trial-3 part of the improvements to the
Journal in the unstable branch.

In 613 the performance problems are critical as soon as you have more
than one hundred of items. The work is by no means completed and well
tested but we made some good progresses. It's also very invasive.

So we are asking for help to test these out. We are interested in
particular about regression reports and about the general feeling
compared to 613.

To test you can download 613 and upgrade the rpms/xo in this directory:
https://dev.laptop.org/~marco/unstable/

Please start with a clean journal by removing
/home/olpc/.sugar/default/datastore. The tests will be meaningful with
at least eighty items in the Journal. Here is a list of things that
would be good to test:

* Create journal items by opening activities.
* Resume journal items.
* Change the filters of the journal view.
* Make sure the items are always correctly displayed while performing the tests.
* Delete journal items.
* Switch between list and detailed view.
* USB keys (display, unmount, copy etc)

Testing, opinions and tickets are very welcome!

Thanks,
Marco