[sugar] [laptop-accessibility] GPLv3 IRT Fonts

Dave Crossland dave
Thu Nov 29 12:12:40 EST 2007

On 29/11/2007, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:

> These fonts have terrible coverage. Not even Latin-1 is covered.
> You get 80 of the 96 characters in the 0x00a0 to 0x00ff range.

Because its free, hopefully that will change - but not under the name "Tiresias"

> Furthermore, are the fonts actually good for what is claimed?

This is hotly debated. However, I think its good to have all free
software fonts in fedora's package repositories (what was "extras")

> These [SIL fonts] are fairly readable and have good coverage:

Yes, all SIL fonts ought to be in Fedora :-)

Sorry, I'm not clear what the issue with GPLv3 is here? :-)

Dave