[sugar] secure /tmp and /var/tmp

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Thu Nov 8 12:26:31 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 6:11 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007, at 18:09 , Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Though applications backwards compatibility just doesn't make sense in
> > this context. We consciously broke it with the high level design, both
> > of the user experience and of the security framework.
>
> That's not the point. The point is how hard we make it for people to
> port their apps to Sugar. And in my opinion we should not make it
> unnecessarily hard.

I agree that is some cases Sugar make it *unnecessarily* hard. We
fixed many of these and we will continue to improve in this respect.

In some cases though it's better to break than to keep a fake
compatibility with something which is designed for a different use
case. That way the error is explicit and the activity author knows it
needs to be fixed. And I agree with Ivan that this is the case for
/tmp.

Marco