[sugar] secure /tmp and /var/tmp

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Nov 8 12:00:11 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Heh.  You are way too young....

It takes a long time to become young! On the upside, my work did not
give rise to xorg.conf ;)

Marcus Leech wrote:
> My first Unix machine had 128K of MOS memory, and we supported about
> 10-15 interactive users on it

MOS memory? _MOS memory_? In my young day we started out as
apprentice binary registers. Six o'clock in the morning, come rain,
sleet, hail, or snow, we'ed be there kicking each other in the
buttocks -- right for 1, left for zero. A'course I say registers,
cause they were registers to us. But it were a stack really. None o'
this modern stack pointer rubbish, either. You used to 'ave to
remember which were t'top element in yer 'ead.

Anyway, due to vocal support, we'll preserve /tmp. I don't think it's
the best course of action, but we'll roll with it.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org