[sugar] How to get pygtk to give you a GtkToolTips from a Toolbar to pass to ToolItem's set_tooltip?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue May 22 04:00:35 EDT 2007

Don Hopkins wrote:
> I'm trying to set the tooltip of a tool item, which I though would be
> easy, but the ToolItem.set_tooltip takes a first parameter that's a
> mysterious GtkTooltips object.
> But I can't figure out how to get a reference to the required ToolTips
> object to pass as a first argument to a ToolItem's set_tooltip(tooltips,
> tool_tip_string) ...
> The obvious looking method GtkToolbar.get_tooltips() actually returns a
> boolean that tells if the toolbar is using tooltips, but does not return
> the toolbar's "GtkTooltips *tooltips" member, which is declared public
> but apparently not exposed as a property to Python.

I don't quite remember how the tooltips API works but... doesn't just
creating an instance of gtk.Tooltips() work?

The tooltips API is being rewritten on gtk trunk btw.

Marco