[sugar] Sugar alternative: pepper

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Thu Mar 22 01:12:13 EDT 2007

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:

>     Not yet according to the FAQ. Also, the SDK is pretty well documented.
>
> Then there is a  need to improve Sugar  documentation..
Indeed, and a critical one.  Mel, (one of the PyGTA developer's) has
volunteered to work ~8hrs/week on documenting the core Sugar APIs
(starting with Hippo, most likely).  We're currently working on getting
him enough disk-space to work on the developer's image.  He'll probably
be showing up on the IRC channel.  Please try to help answer his questions.

Pepper is an interesting alternate (with work done to integrate things
like BitFrost and the wireless systems), but unless/until the project
makes the decision to move to it, we need to work on Sugar, and one of
the key items there is making the system readily approachable by
external developers.  The biggest problem there (after the insanity
around getting the build to work) is documentation.

Have fun,
Mike