[sugar] Loading new apps^Wactivities on XO

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Mar 19 21:42:12 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 17:15 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Suppose I'm hacking the Develop activity on my Ubuntu dapper desktop.
> At some point I'd like to see how it runs on the XO. How do I build
> something that will run there? How do I transfer it? Is there a wiki
> page about this?

You package the activity in .xo format and unzip it
in /usr/share/activities.  Then reboot (quick hack) and Sugar should see
it.

.xos are sort of like JARs with additional metadata, some localization
capabilitiy, and should eventually be able to be signed like JARs.

Dan