[sugar] Re: [OLPC Security] Security for plugins

Ivan Krstić krstic
Sun Mar 18 23:35:20 EDT 2007

Serguei Makarov wrote:
>             One thing the Bitfrost specification fails to address, and
> that no one in the mailing list has raised is security for plugins and
> extensions to activities.

Fully agreed; I'm thinking about this a lot. I spoke at PyCon about
seeing plugins as critical to managing software growth, so I consider
them an important use case. I'm open to ideas on approaching the
security aspect -- I have some, but none that I see as clearly good yet.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D