[sugar] Catch duplicates on service creation?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Sun Mar 18 19:10:50 EDT 2007

I'm finding that while testing with sugar-jhbuild it's quite annoying to
have the service creation bomb out when an existing instance of the
service (presence or clipboard) is active.  That is, it would be useful
if it could simply catch the error and stop trying to create the service
if there is an org.freedesktop.Avahi.CollisionError (local name
collision) error on the attempt to create the services.

I don't believe this would have a negative effect on the run-time
system.  In the field it would seem better to allow the system to
restart with a running service, rather than failing to restart Sugar.
Not sure when the situation would happen on the real hardware (maybe on
an X server restart), but might be an idea to have the protection in there.

Just a suggestion,
Mike