[sugar] What resources were helpful to you in writing your activities?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Fri Mar 16 19:55:18 EDT 2007

I'm collecting links to useful resources for new activity developers.
Since there are a few dozen people who have already written real
activities, I'd love to hear what resources you found useful while you
were working.  What references did you keep open the whole time? What
did you reference every once in a while? What overviews helped you get
your bearings?

I'm currently just doing it on the page for the "developer's images", to
be moved to a more useful location eventually (they're there because
they were originally thought of as "something to give alongside the
developer's image).  I've also got a collection of questions that I'm
thinking should be answered, either with wiki links or other resource
links for the new developer.  I'm going to continue to work on the
questions and putting together answers over the weekend when I can get
some time, but if others would like to hack on it (questions, answers,
resources), feel free.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Images#Startup_Questions

The idea is to get enough resources together to start putting together a
coherent set of documents to which we can point new developers,
including best practices, anti-patterns and other "you have to do it
once to know" stuff so that new developer's aren't all re-mis-inventing
the wheel.

Have a good weekend, all,
Mike