[sugar] Education?

Noah Kantrowitz kantrn
Sat Mar 10 13:54:04 EST 2007

Once again I didn't send this to the list. Whoops.

Alan Kay wrote:
> If "Children First!" is really the goal here, then we must spend most
> of our energies trying to make the childrens' environments more
> conducive to creative learning of powerful ideas.

A bigger question than EToys vs. $REPLACEMENT to me is if whatever the
end solution will be able to support some of the XO services, like the
journal or multiple user sessions? My understanding of the current
bundle is that it just spawns a nearly stock copy of Squeak/EToys from
the activity script. If this is still the case, it might take some major
monkeying to interface things.

--Noah Kantrowitz